Joint Entrance examination, better known as JEE is conducted all over India each year. It is an all India examination which helps you to get admission in various institutions all over the nation, offering engineering courses. This entrance examination consists of two parts. The first is the JEE Main, which helps you to secure admission in Indian Institute of Information Technology, national Institute of technology or the degrees on offer at IIEST in Shibpur. JEE Advanced is for the students who want to get chosen for the Indian Institute of Technology, which is the best place to get your engineering degree in our country. Though all aspiring engineering students can apply for JEE mains, only those who clear JEE main 2016 as of now can apply for JEE advanced.
The first step: JEE Mains
Over a million people appear for JEE mains each year, on an average. There are 2 papers in JEE mains.
- The first paper is for those who want to pursue a course in either B.E or B.Tech. You can opt to appear on an online paper as well as an offline written paper. It includes physic, chemistry and mathematics.
- The second paper is for students aspiring to pursue a course in B.Arch. or B. Planning. This can only be appeared offline. It includes mathematics, aptitude and a drawing test.
Candidates are given the option to apply for either one or both of the papers. In case of paper 1, they are also given the option to choose either online or offline examination pattern. Both the papers contain only multiple choice questions. You need to have cleared or appeared for your class 12 exams before applying for this examination. Private candidates too can give the exam, while filling in the form they have to put ‘xxx’ under the field which requires to fill in the name of your school.
Application and examination for 2016
You can fill in the application form online and payment can be made online through Debit card, Credit card or E-challan. Dates for JEE Main 2016 have already been confirmed and the form filling has been completed on 31.12.15. The offline exam will be held on 3rd April, 2016 while the online exams will be held on 9th and 10th April, 2015. You are allowed 3 attempts for the JEE Mains. The online site for JEE has all the required JEE mains 2016 notification for your perusal. You can use JEE mains rank predictor to ascertain you’re all India rank.
The second step: JEE Advance
Only the candidates who clear JEE Mains are allowed to sit for the JEE Advance examination. Some of the features of the JEE Advance are as follows:
- Both JEE mains and advanced have two papers. But in JEE Advance you mandatorily need to appear in both the papers unlike that of JEE Mains.
- You can appear in English or Hindi. You can choose the language you are most comfortable in.
- A candidate is allowed to appear for JEE Advance only twice, one attempt less than that of JEE Mains. The attempts need to be consecutive.
- Foreign Nationals are also allowed to appear for this examination. This is same for JEE Mains.
- You need to either be in the top 20 percentile or have an aggregate of 75% or more to be chosen for the IITs.
- Each year only around 1.5 lakh students are selected and the JEE Advanced air 1 is announced along with the results.
The dates for JEE Advance has been released for 22nd May, 2015. There has been many changes made to the JEE exam pattern. Many students aspire to secure a seat in the top institutes for engineering but only a handful get through.