Are you interested to work in Australia as a skilled worker? You must be, right? Who don’t want to work in countries like Australia, after all, it is an incredibly admired destination across the globe for professionals who are skilled and for trades people who are wishing to begin a new and fresh life in some other country. One of the main reasons why Australia attracts so many skilled employees every year is its consistent and strong economy. So do not waste your time and apply under general skilled migration program of Australia. In order to know more about this program, read further.
An overview of General Skilled Migration Program:
The GSM program of Australia is designed specifically for catering the problem of skill shortages in Australian companies and at the same time, this program aims at improving the skill level and size of labour force of Australia. It is essentially a plan to permit migrants who have required skills as well as extraordinary capabilities in order to contribute towards the development of Australian economy. However, this program of skilled migration gives preference to those applicants who are attracted in migrating towards the Australian regional areas which are either sponsored by the entrepreneurs or are nominated by Australian territory or state.
Skilled subclasses under this program:
The program for migration of skilled personnel has several sub categories which are mentioned below:
- Skilled Independent Visa of subclass 189
- Skilled regional visa of subclass 887
- Skilled nominated visa of subclass 190
- Recognised graduate visa of subclass 485
- Temporary graduate visa of subclass 476
The prospective candidate can choose any of the above categories depending on their skills and expertise.
Basic requisites of this program:
There are few things that the approaching applicants are required to fulfil in order to qualify under the general skilled migration program Australia:
- The age of the candidate must be below 45 years.
- They should be proficient in speaking English.
- One must possess required skills, qualifications and experience assessed by concerned assessing authorities of Australia.
- They should be nominated and sponsored by the state and territory of Australia respectively.
- They should comply with the health and character criteria as set by the concerned officials.
- They must fulfil some other requirements like having a valid transport, degree from recognised university etc.
In addition to all of the above, the potential applicant is supposed to attain minimum marks in order to qualify under the point based system of Australia. Under this system, points are being awarded on the basis of:
- Qualification possessed by the applicant
- Skills and abilities of the candidate
- Proficiency in English and any other foreign language like French
Australia is regarded as one of the hot destination for immigration purposes because the companies of this country not only provide handsome salary to their employees but also give appraisals to them for their exceptional work.