A beam may be referred to as a structural part meant to bear loads. It is able to resist shear forces, vertical loads and bending moments. We come across the building structures wherein beams are used to challenge heavy loads and resist the hurdles suffered in the building erections. Use of cement, steel, sand and concrete is made for making such beams including the ones made available by Ooznest c beams.
a. Geometry – Four types of beams fall under this particular criterion:
· Straight beam – A beam with straight profile may be referred to as a straight beam.
· Curved beam – It refers to the beam that involves a curved profile.
· Tapered Beam – Beams with tapered cross section are known as tapered beams.
b. Cross section – Following three types fall under this criteria:
· I Beam – Beam with I cross section.
· T Beam – Beam that bears T cross section.
· C Beam – A beam with C cross section is referred to as C beam.
c. Equilibrium Conditions – Following two types of beam are involved under this criteria:
· Statically determinate beam – Use of equilibrium conditions are involved to solve reactions under such types of beams.
· Statically indeterminate beam – Such types of beams involve additional deflections in addition to equilibrium conditions for solving any reaction.
d. Type of Support – Following five types of beams including the ones facilitated by Ooznest c beams fall under this criteria for classification of beams:
· Simply supported team
· Cantilever beam
· Overhanging beam
· Continuous beam
· Fixed beam
Based on the type of support, the above beams are highlighted as follows
a. Simply Supported teams – It may be referred to as a beam that has pinned support at one end and its other end bears roller support. It may undergo bending and shearing that depends upon the applied load. This is most commonly used beam.
b. Cantilever beam – Its one end is free while the other end is fixed.
c. Overhanging beam – One or both end portions of such beams extend beyond their supports that may be many in number. It may be referred to as a mixture of simply supported beam and cantilever beam.
d. Continuous beam – Such types of beams have more than two supports distributed throughout their length.
e. Fixed Beams – As highlighted in the name itself, such beams are fixed on both their ends.
As explained above, beams are much useful for our building erections. Candidly, they are made to withstand the heavy loads that are meant to extend the buildings upwards or sideward. Unimaginable loads may be put on these beams that are used at different positions of the building erections. C Beam, e.g. the ones provided through Ooznest c beams is a profile that is based on the prominent V-Slot liner guide scheme. It involves a C shape profile that facilitates additional functionality and strength. Such beams are most popular amongst prominent builders throughout the globe.